haven’t really had the time to write as often, or even do my nails! luckily i still have a set of acrylics on which is prolonging my manicures lives. i haven’t done anything super neat and intricate in a while, so i figured some cool easter nails were needed. i also felt like trying my hand at a tutorial, hopefully it’ll inspire someone!
1. paint a base coat of white.
2. paint whichever finger you want your bunny to be on a light color, such as the pink i used here to fit the easter theme. not so light that the white rabbit blends into the background though!
3. to get the ombre/gradient look, paint the nail polish onto a makeup sponge, close together or with a little bit of a gap between each color but not overlapping as sponging the color on will blend them together.
4. the first coat will be pale and won’t give much coverage as most of the paint will sink into the sponge instead of onto your nail.
5. a second or third coat will give you the effect you’re looking for.
6 through 8. continue coloring your other nails to look like easter eggs, you can use as many colors as you want, i just kept to two per nails except on my thumb for simplicity and time sake.
9. i forgot to take a picture of the start, but to make the bunny start by painting a rounded tip on your nail for the top of his head. then to make the ears, make a parenthesis shaped line leaving the middle open to the pink to show the inner ear, then connect the other side the same way to complete it. if you used a different background color, just fill it in and paint the inside of the ear pink.
10. make two dots directly next to each other using a dotting tool (or a tooth pick if you don’t have a dotting tool!) and drag the bottoms of them together to make a semi triangular shape for the nose.
11. using the corners of the nose as a guide, make two more dots for the eyes.
12. start with the zigzag line in the middle. then draw two lines on either side of your zigzag line. finally add a row of dots on either side of your straight lines. if your nails are longer, you could keep going with zigzags or however you wanted.
13. make a line of dots however large you wish down the center of your nail. then add another line on either side in-between the middle dots, alternating spaces every line after that.
14. make a zigzag line diagonal through the middle of your nail. add dots to the open areas of the zigzags, then another zigzag mirror the one in the middle.
15. start with a row of dots in the middle of your nail, and draw lines on either side.
you could really do any designs you’d like, but this is how i did mine
above is my left hand, done with the hand i write with, but the bunny didn’t turn out quite as well. below is my right, done with my supposedly non-dominant hand. i swear i do everything but write left handed!
funky fingers “kiss the girl”
funky fingers “prince charming”
funky fingers “curacao”
sinful colors “blue by you”
funky fingers “belle”
funky fingers “pink pixels”
finger paints “hip hip hue-ray!”
pure ice “rescue me”
funky fingers “tinsel town”